Please visit https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/z3jmwnb for videos and activities related to our topic this term 'light'.
Our topic this term is all about 'where in the world do we come from?'
Your task is to create a project all about a country of your choice.
This might be a country that is important to you and your family, a country that you have visited or just a country of interest to you.
You can present your project in any way you like: a poster, a leaflet, a booklet or a holiday brochure!
The more creative the better!
Things you might like to include and research:
Flag – story behind the flag
• Can you draw/label a map of your country - which continent is your country part of?
Can you label the capital city?
• Food & drinks (maybe you could try out a recipe from this country?)
• Population of the country
• Climate / weather / temperature / rainfall
• Water (sea, ocean, lakes, rivers)
• Nature / native animals / plants
• Language(s) spoken, how to say “Hello” and “Goodbye” in that language
• Natural resources
• Famous landmarks/places
• Major occupations (jobs)
• Famous people/rulers/kings/presidents/etc. from the country's history.
Here are some websites to help you learn about your chosen country:
https://www.natgeokids.com/uk/ (search for your chosen country and they have a fact file for most countries) https://www.kids-world-travel-guide.com/ (a list of countries at the side of the page will take you to a factfile) https://www.sciencekids.co.nz/sciencefacts/countries.html https://www.dkfindout.com/uk/ https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zyhp34j https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zbkw2hv